Saturday, May 3, 2008

28 days to go

One month, more exactly 28 days to go, until my term as an local committee president (LCP) comes to an end. It has been a ride (and still is) with its up and downs. There have been times when everything seemed so easy. And times when even the simplest things were made and felt to be so damn hard. What are the points and discussion topics that I take out right now?

- it's all about the team besides you. not only YOUR team but the whole AIESEC Pärnu team.
- if you're not doing your job, you're harming the organization.
- if you're doing your job, you may be harming the organization.
- there is no "you must do this".
- fight for what you believe in until the end (struggling with this).

- it's hard only if you make it to be hard.
- it's not about this year/term. that's not sustainability.

The biggest thing that I am proud of this year is the fact that right now AIESEC Pärnu is a team. When I and my team were elected as the new leaders of our local committee (LC), we as AIESEC Pärnu were divided and without a common purpose. Today we still have challenges. But in my rainy days, I feel that I have a team to support on. Even when I've been a bad girl :)

Mari
still a LCP

No comments: